Monday, February 21, 2011

A surprise quilt for Mooma

Last fall during the Wasatch Front Fall Shop Hop my Mom and I came upon a great little magazine called "Sew Scrappy" from Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collection 2010. My Mom picked out a quilt that she really liked called "Every Now & Then" that she wanted me to make for her.


So, I told her I would. She mentioned the fabric line she really liked while we were out shopping during the shop hop and that was the last we really talked about it... Well, I pulled a sneaky, sneaky :)  I got all the fabric and completed the quilt top yesterday!! 


This was my first attempt at the "Square in a Square" block, and I have to say it was a lot easier than I imagined! I'm really please with the way it turned out and can't wait to get it quilted. I think I will give it to her for her birthday in May, that is if I can wait that long....  he he.










No comments:

Post a Comment